Canadian Money Forum banner


  1. Dual Canadian/USA been "Travelancing" in Asia for a year. Taxes

    Hello. I'm a dual Canadian/USA citizen and my last country of residence was Canada. For years I've submitted tax returns to both CRA and IRS because USA taxes on citizenship not residence. Since I was living and working in Canada I would use the USA "Foreign Earned Income Exclusion" (FEIE) and...
  2. Where to store foreign currencies (HKD, GBP, EUR)

    General Personal Finance Talk
    I've been doing more and more traveling, so I have been purchasing HKD, EUR and GBP when the dollar is strong against those currencies. So far, the only bank I've found that can hold them is HSBC. Does anyone know of any other FIs that offer foreign currencies? This is pretty much a savings...
  3. Credit Card or Cash fro travelling in Europe

    General Personal Finance Talk
    I am going for my honeymoon in August (Spain, Italy, and France) for 3 weeks and I haven't traveled as an adult to Europe. Should I take my credit card (easier for me), or should I take out traveller cheques or cash? I get miles on the credit card but I don't know the exchange the credit...